Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) Implementation Workgroup
Credit for Prior Learning Videos
Ben King (student and staff perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Bob Sterling (student and staff perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Candace Rose (CPL lead/faculty perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Donny Munshower (counselor perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Eddie Baltazar (student and faculty perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Guadalupe Menera (student perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Juliette Barnes (staff perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Scott Klinger (faculty perspective): One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Faculty mix: One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Faculty and student mix: One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Student mix: One minute, 30 second, 15 second
Credit for Prior Learning Implementation Workgroup Flyer
CPL Implementation Workgroup Meetings
December 13, 2022
CPL Course Tracker-if you haven’t already, please complete this before 12/31
Chancellor’s Office Guidance Memo
November 15, 2022
Vision Resource Center: CPL Module Feedback – review modules and provide feedback by 11/23
Logic Model Information
Logic Model folder – upload yours here by 12/12
CPL Course List – complete by 12/12
October 18, 2022
CPL Logic Model Google folder – upload your logic model
Vision Resource Center: CPL Module Feedback
September 20, 2022
MiraCosta CPL Implementation Framework
Meeting recording (Passcode: K%YM2+7x)
May 17, 2022 – Specialized Session: Articulation
April 19, 2022 – Specialized Session: Counseling for CPL
March 15, 2022 – Specialized Session: Student Services/Records
February 15, 2022
CPL Workshop #3 – December 14, 2021 – Agenda
CPL slide presentation 12_14_21
Faculty’s Steps to Eligibility Checklist for CPL
Whose Job Is It Anyway? Google Doc
CCC Credit for Prior Learning Toolkit
Google Folder – College CPL form examples (please add your forms)
CPL Workshop #2 – November 16, 2021 – Agenda
CPL Slide presentation 11_16_21
Train the Trainer Series sign up
Palomar College Faculty Steps to CPL Eligibility Checklist
Palomar College CPL Website: Faculty Resources
CPL Template Inventory Spreadsheet
CPL workgroup homework before our December meeting:
Are your colleges reporting the MIS data element?
– Who is responsible for this reporting on your campus?
– What are they reporting & how are they pulling the data?
– How is your college determining the assessment date, etc.?
– What did they report this last semester?
What is your current CPL petition process (might just CBE)?
– Are your colleges charging fees?
Review/consider applying for NORCO MAP (see information below)
NORCO MAP (Military Articulation Platform) – If you would like your college or district to be included in the cohort, please register here https://register.militaryarticulationplatform.org. Here is a 3-minute introduction of the platform. Deadline to apply: December 10, 2021 at 5 p.m.
For questions or more information, contact:
- Samuel Lee, VPAA Norco College–[email protected]
- Calvin Klein Gloria, MAP Program Expert, Norco College–[email protected]
- Terence Nelson, IEDRC MAP Lead–[email protected]
Consider having your team register for an upcoming MAP workshop:
- December 1st, 2021, 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. https://cccconfer.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpde6uqTovH9JLdhdrUiu66agp7_W2kqqx
- December 3rd, 2021, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. https://cccconfer.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEsfu2uqzsrE9eAgK9i8Is5JtmREppUX1Oi
CPL Workshop #1 – October 12, 2021 – Agenda
CPL slide presentation 10_12_21
Southwestern Credit for Prior Learning Procedures
CPL workgroup homework to prepare before our November meeting:
– Upload your CPL Board Policy & Academic Procedure (or status of your new policy) here.
– Review VRC (search CPL), review Palomar College CPL webpage, review Toolkit.
– Upload your list of current CPL eligible course list here. Include what assessment types you are doing.
– Find out what you use for Curriculum Management, Student Information, Electronic Forms.
– Identify whether or not your college charges fees for Credit by Exam, and are there any discussions about this?