The Centers of Excellence for Labor Market Research (COE) is a technical assistance provider (TAP) for the “Doing What Matters” program.
Since 2005, the COE has conducted workforce research to inform California community colleges about the industries and occupations driving employment demand in their regions. The work of the COE assists administrators with program decision-making, faculty with curriculum planning, and students with career choices by linking in-demand jobs to community college offerings.
The San Diego & Imperial Counties Region COE works with nine regional community colleges and Continuing Education to give them a competitive advantage in:
• Aligning training programs to demand industries in regional economies
• Creating and updating relevant programs and curriculum
• Pursuing grant funding
• Understanding workforce skill gaps
• Accessing workforce data not available through other sources
Labor Market Information for San Diego & Imperial Counties:
Labor Market Information Sector Database <— All recent research can be found here.
Data Request Guidelines:
• Before requesting data from COE, please check www.coeccc.net to see if that report has already been produced in the last year. On the main page, scroll down to “Studies by Region” and select “San Diego-Imperial.” Click “view more” to see more reports.
• When requesting data from the Center of Excellence, San Diego-Imperial region, the COE requests that deans use the online form: https://coeccc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5bsVg9uvO1Ym7uR
• Due to multiple data requests that the COE receives, the COE asks for a minimum of 15 business days to turnaround one report. If the requester asks for more than one report (e.g., data for more than one occupation), then the turnaround time will be longer.
• When submitting a data request, please include as much information as possible, including the program TOP code and occupational name, which could be found at onetonline.org.
• Submitting a data request form means that the request is pending. The COE may have follow-up questions regarding the request, so please provide contact information of the person who can help clarify or elaborate in the request form.