Regional Program Recommendations
Important steps to remember when submitting programs for recommendation:
1.New program development begins with a needs assessment which includes a labor market demand and supply analysis from the COE as the primary data source. To begin that process, request LMI data from the Center of Excellence using the following steps:
- Individuals who may request LMI data are limited to CE Deans, VPIs, and Presidents.
- Before requesting data from COE, please check www.coeccc.net to see if that report has already been produced in the last year. On the main page, scroll down to “Studies by Region” and select “San Diego-Imperial.” Click “view more” to see more reports.
- When requesting data from the Center of Excellence, San Diego-Imperial region, the COE requests that the CE Deans, VPIs, and Presidents use this online form: https://coeccc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cMWNEHrgXEjy8E5 (also located at http://myworkforceconnection.org/lmi/)
- Please Note: when submitting the above form, the requester must select the sector(s) most appropriate for the new or updated program. At that time, the Regional Director for that sector will be automatically notified.
- Due to multiple data requests that the COE receives, the COE asks for a minimum of 30 business days to turnaround one report. If the requester asks for more than one report (e.g., data for more than one occupation), then the turnaround time will be longer.
- When submitting a data request, please include as much information as possible, including the program TOP Code and occupational name, which could be found at www.onetonline.org
- Submitting a data request form means that the request is pending. The COE may have follow-up questions regarding the request, so please provide contact information of the person who can help clarify or elaborate in the request form.
- If the COE does not endorse the requested program, alternative evidence of labor market need can be presented including an employer letter (a template can be found here).
2. The current designated Occupational Dean for your institution must be included as the “CE Dean contact” on the online form. Current CE Deans are as follows:
- Cuyamaca: Larry McLemore ([email protected])
- Grossmont: Javier Ayala ([email protected])
- Southwestern: Jennifer Lewis ([email protected])
- Imperial Valley: Efrain Silva ([email protected])
- Palomar: Margie Fritch ([email protected])
- City: Rose LaMuraglia ([email protected])
- Mesa: Danene Brown ([email protected])
- Miramar: Jesse Lopez ([email protected])
- MiraCosta: Al Taccone ([email protected])
3. Programs must be submitted to https://www.regionalcte.org/ two weeks before the next Deans’ meeting
4. At the regularly scheduled Deans’ meeting (usually the second Friday of each month), programs for recommendation will be placed on the agenda for open discussion and vote.
The following CE programs have been Recommended by the San Diego-Imperial Dean’s Council
Updated on 3/12/2019
The following CE Programs are going through – or have been through – the Curriculum Program Regional Recommendation Process
The following CE programs have been Recommended by the San Diego-Imperial Workforce Development Council and Approved through the Chancellor.