About the COE
The Centers of Excellence for Labor Market Research (COE) are the number one source of regional labor market information (LMI) for the California Community Colleges. The San Diego-Imperial COE’s primary function is to produce LMI for the Regional Program Recommendation Process: When the San Diego and Imperial Counties Community Colleges develop a new program, they start with a needs assessment, which includes a labor market demand and supply analysis from the San Diego-Imperial COE. Labor market briefs produced for the Regional Program Recommendation Process can be found here.
Other functions of the San Diego-Imperial COE include:
- Serving as the regional lead for the Strong Workforce Faculty Institute
- Providing LMI presentations, technical assistance, and training to the region’s community colleges
- Acting as the co-chair of the regional Data and Research Committee
- Producing the Career Education Guide for the Career Counselors’ Conference
- Producing labor market reports for the region
The San Diego-Imperial COE team consists of:
Tina Ngo Bartel, Director ([email protected])
John Edwards, Research Analyst ([email protected])
For more information, sign up for the San Diego-Imperial COE newsletter by emailing [email protected].