RERP/SOCIAL WORK COLLABORATIVE
This Collaborative is funded by the California Workforce Development Board, the California Community College Chancellor’s Office, and the San Diego & Imperial Counties Community Colleges Regional Consortium. The focus for the Collaborative are curriculum alignment, targeted outreach/recruitment, and student retention. The funding begins December 1, 2022, and ends September 30, 2025.
Irene Ornelas (Project Coordinator), MSW, LCSW, Consultant
Karen Connolly, Director, San Diego Workforce Partnership
Danene Brown, Regional Chair, San Diego & Imperial Counties Community Colleges Regional Consortium
Creation of a regionally aligned stackable Human Services/Social Work Certificate of Achievement.
- Confirm inventory of all the Social Works and related SW courses taught at the college
- Create a career pathway diagram to include courses, certificates, and degrees
- Collaborate with SDIC region colleges to create and align Social Work Certificate of Achievement
- Update college’s Social Work curriculum to align with regional Social Work Certificate of Achievement
- Designate a lead faculty to facilitate the implementation of RERP grant curriculum activities
- Aligned Social Work Certificate of Achievement launched in the college’s curriculum management system.
- Mapped career pathway diagram to include Social Work courses, certificates, and degrees
Please visit the Resources to find meeting agendas and materials.