- Genevieve Esguerra, Associate Dean, Outreach and Community Relations, San Diego City College (SDCC)
- Sarah Vielma, Director College, Career, and Technical Education, San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD)
- The purpose of this workgroup is to help our K12 partners connect more with the community college campuses for intentional middle and high school student engagement and awareness of Career Education (CE) programs. These efforts will better prepare K-12 students for community college and career opportunities through robust career exploration, engagement, and exposure. This workgroup will have a regional convening once per semester (Fall and Spring) of key college outreach staff, K12 Strong Workforce Program Pathway Coordinators, and K12 CTE district leads to plan and work together to create meaningful, hands-on, career education student experiences at the colleges.
- Create a regional career awareness and exploration opportunity infrastructure to increase middle and high school students’ knowledge of career options, improve 21st-Century Skills, and prepare students for college entry.
- Deepen learning and career development of K-12 students by creating and expanding regional college career education program awareness that adds value to district efforts and exposes students to regional industry sectors.
- Support college entry and informed pathway selection by creating effective opportunities for students to engage directly with college campuses, faculty and staff.
- The workgroup will increase middle and high school students’ knowledge of career opportunities, improve 21st-Century Skills, and better engage young students in career education to strengthen the pipeline of students prepared to bridge the middle skills job gap.
Please visit the Resources to find meeting agendas, materials and minutes.